Join the Team
Experienced Social Worker or Counselor
to design training materials
We’re looking for an experienced social worker or counselor (or someone with a lot of practical de-escalation experience) to help create trainings. As a trial project, you will create an “infographic” for a 60-minute training.
You will decide
- what tools are taught (and explain why they work)
- what research is relevant
- how to explain it visually.
While we call the design document an “infographic” it is much more. It is the concept map, or outline, of the training.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
For the trial project, we will provide you with a long (very academic) research report on the topic and detailed instructions. We will also provide you with copies of our other infographics for reference.
The infographics you create:
- Must convey the primary teachings of the training (which you will decide based on your de-escalation experience and the provided research)
- Include research-based information/tools explained in an understandable way (6-grade level)
- Do not have to be “designed” (we have a graphic design team) but the format must be constructed well enough that it is clear what the lessons are
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
If we like the infographics you create for the trial project, we’ll have more work in the future. We are constantly creating new trainings and updating old trainings.
What we are looking for in a person:
- You MUST have experience with de-escalation and vulnerable populations (homelessness preferred). We will not consider anyone who does not have highly relevant professional experience.
- You MUST be able to read and understand very complicated academic research.
- You MUST be the type of person who loves to learn new information/ideas but is able to identify what is most relevant to a training.
- You MUST be able to draw from your own experience and combine that with research findings to develop tools others can use.
- You MUST be able to simplify advanced concepts so you can teach them to others.
- You MUST believe in the inherent dignity and worth of every human being.
In your application, please include:
- Your experience with de-escalation and working with vulnerable populations
- Your experience training others
- The minimum and maximum hours per week you would be available in the future.
- Your hourly rate